Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Big News!

Sorry to take so long after Daron made the comment that I had a big announcement for everyone. Skylar is sick today so Mommy gets a sick day as well. I put him down for his afternoon nap and thought this would be a good time to do this, since it is the first chance I have had in a while. The news isn't really that major except maybe to us. The big news.... are you ready for it?!?!?! On Skylar's birthday, we were playing with him on the floor and he took his first unassisted steps. He walked from the chair to Daddy who was waiting maybe a foot away. He took 3 steps by himself before collapsing onto the floor in giggles. He thinks walking is a very hilarious thing! He has since walked unassisted a couple of times, each time taking on a few steps before being grabbed by one of us or falling to the floor in laughter. It is a slow process but he is doing really well. He can take as long as he wants.... he gets into enough trouble without walking. I hear him waking up from his nap so I guess I should do the Mommy thing and go and check on him!

No comments: